Let’s face it when it comes to holding the title CEO, it doesn’t always come with positivity. The bottom line is if you want to be a successful and likable CEO there are going to be steps you will need to take to achieve that! Just the other day, I was speaking to a CEO at a company who said one of his Key Performance Indicators (KPI) was happiness! When I first heard this I was caught off guard because many people will measure KPI’s in numbers etc but then I thought to myself, he must be a successful and likable CEO if he wants to garner happiness around him and sure enough his reviews are incredible! So, you might be asking yourself, how do I become a successful and likable CEO? Well, we hope this blog post helps to explain that by giving you several different steps to achieving that!
If you want to be a great CEO, take a look at these five steps:
- Be a leader and set an example for others by following the companies vision and mission. This can be achieved by being innovative and competitive. It will also be important to focus on short and long-term goals as well as customer satisfaction in all decisions made.
- Act as a chief communicator by focusing on goals, facts, along with using key principles such as the mission and vision. Get all parties involved by allowing and encouraging communication among all people in the company.
- Encourage teamwork – if you want to be a successful and likable CEO this is probably the most important step because when others feel they are involved and their voice matters it encourages them and gives them positive feedback.
- Support the culture – setting the tone and instilling an entrepreneurial spirit in everyone along with accountability will do two things. First, it will make your employees feel like they are part of the company and gives them deadlines to follow. This also includes hiring the right type of talent that fits the culture.
- Encourage continuous learning – keep your door open, proactively ask for feedback and use all feedback as positive ways to make changes for the betterment of the company.
Hiring individuals that fit the culture of the company are extremely important. Hiring individuals who feel they can talk to you goes a long way in ensuring your success and likability. I hope you found this article interesting. If there are topics you would like me to discuss in the future, please let me know.